Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010

HOLY CROW BRAKEBILLS SHIRTS ARE HERE

A really good thing has happened. Remember a few days ago when I mentioned that I’d met a guy in Portland who was wearing a gorgeous home-brewed Brakebills t-shirt? That the guy next to him had made?

I heard from him — the guy who made it — and he agreed to put some up for sale. They’re here.

I’d never met this guy before. He is not a shirt-maker by profession (though he does have another shirt,which is also cool). God knows I have no financial investment in the sale of this shirt.

It’s just that when I saw it I thought, yeah, that’s what a Brakebills t-shirt looks like.

I’m not sure how long of a run this shirt is going to have, so don’t wait to grab one. I’m not going to. Plus they’re an automatic +8 to your nerd cred.

[p.s. the guy who does this has the enviably fake-sounding name of Zach Archer. He appears to be a developer of diverse interests, all of them really cool. Go to his site. You will lose an hour minimum to Space Kitty alone. To the Space Kitty theme song alone.]

9 comments on “HOLY CROW BRAKEBILLS SHIRTS ARE HERE

1. Karen Attaway says:

Cool! I just ordered 2 of them. You cracked me up with the “I have lost my merch-inity” tag. #hehehe #stillgiggling

2. Church says:

Needs to be a polo. Prolly a sweater as well. Definitely a scarf to boot.

3. dennitzio says:

You’d better get in on the game, dude… Big money in merch, but more seriously you want to control it. Next thing you know it’s a white sticker of Quentin pissing on a Chevy logo stuck on the back of some ass’s Ford.

4. Church says:

“Next thing you know it’s a white sticker of Quentin pissing on a Chevy logo stuck on the back of some ass’s Ford.”

I’d totally buy that. And stick it on my Toyota.

5. amybillingham says:

I think Quentin should be pissing on a Nimbus 2000.

And I agree Lev should get something out of any merch deal. I mean, at least a free shirt. ; )

6. Zimriel says:

I’m late on this thread, but I don’t want to buy a bootleg Brakebills shirt. It’s fair that this guy gets some of the revenue as illustrator; but Mr Grossman (he’s a father now, he gets to be called “Mr”) needs to wet his beak too.

(Especially if this book becomes The Reform-Jewish Narnia)

7. Zimriel says:

lulz @ peeing on a Nimbus. Unfortunately “The Magicians”‘ cover didn’t show us the iconic portrait of Quentin which “The Philosopher’s Stone”‘s did of Harry.

I’m as wildly greedy as the next guy, but seriously this shirt is fully authorized. It was my idea for Zach to sell them. They just make me happy.

9. I love the t-shirt, but what I’d really like is a patch. I want to make myself a blazer/cosplay uniform, and I need a patch! 😉