I’m Off to Comic-Con

I have ambivalent feelings about Comic-Con. I tried to express them over at Techland. I don’t know if I succeeded.

Either way I leave for San Diego early tomorrow morning. Bad faith much? Yes. Bad faith much.

I have a panel at 10:30 on Thursday morning. This panel also has Amber Benson on it, if that’s any extra incentive to come. There’s a signing afterwards.

Also: as I walk around the con, I’m going to have some Brakebills shirts with me. Here is your challenge: if you recognize me at the con, you can have one. Until I run out.

This will probably be like the Godfather thing, and I’ll never have to make good on it. But the offer stands. Stop me, mention the blog, and I will hand you a shirt.

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to “I’m Off to Comic-Con”

1. amybillingham says:

I am half-way there on the Godfather thing… i.e. i have actually watched The Godfather. Now I just have to re-read The Magicians.

But actually, I already have a Key & Bee shirt, so it’s really just for the challenge of the thing.

2. amybillingham says:

BTW, what is up with TIME and Techland’s hyperlinks?

This is awesome:

Comic-Con is not great. Comic-Con is awful. (-Lev)

(More on Techland: A Guide to Having a Good Time at Comic-Con) (-Link)

yeah, Time isn’t big on irony …

4. Bedlam says:

and here i stand… a faithful blog reader but nowhere near the con. :(

5. Rachel says:

I thought I solved the Godfather thing – is it the scene in which they are drinking grappa and playing cards before they go to Fillory? I commented this on your original thread but no-one replied. Guess it was too old. Anyway I hope at least someone got one of those Brakebills tees at Comic-Con. They are rather nifty. Maybe someday that fellow will do a Brakebills South tee.

That’s a good guess. Definitely has the same vibe. It’s actually a more direct verbal quotation from the movie. And it’s in that chapter!

What I wouldn’t give for a Brakebills South T. Arctic foxes would have to figure prominently.

7. Rachel says:

Oh, well, thanks for the hints! I doubt I’ll be able to recollect an exact Godfather quote, but now you’ve piqued my curiousity, I will go back and re-read that chapter.