Friday, April 15th, 2011

The Brakebills Alumni Newsletter, Vol. 2, #1

It’s out.

But how can you get it? Sure, you went to Brakebills, but you’re not Bill Gates. You don’t have a titanium exoskeleton and a giant lobster claw and a stack of runescrolls that’s yay high and only getting higher. You’re just one man/woman.

Relax. It’s right here.

8 comments on “The Brakebills Alumni Newsletter, Vol. 2, #1

Great newsletter. I have one lingering question though: But what does magic smell like?

2. Megan says:

I can’t wait to read this! But every time I open the vcf file with Entourage, all it shows me is your contact information. I don’t see a newsletter anywhere! How can a technologically inept fan like myself open this? (I know what you’re thinking, “Wait, I have technologically inept fans?” *shudder*) But seriously. I want to read this and I can’t figure out how!

3. Eli says:

I think what Megan is talking about is that when you sign up for the newsletter for the first time, if a newsletter has already gone out, you don’t get a copy of it; you just get a confirmation message. But since the confirmation message is adorned with a contact info/business card thingy, it looks like it has a file attachment, which one might think ought to be the newsletter and isn’t.

So then… may we new people have a newsletter too, or have we missed the boat?

4. G says:

+1 for what Eli said. Archives anywhere?

OK, there is a way to do this with MailChimp. At this exact second I am too stupid/busy to make it happen. But I will. For now here’s the archive of the last issue: http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=8f3233758d1bed384dad41403&id=a334da5edc

6. Megan says:

Thanks so much!!!

7. G says:

Grazie!

Although I have also to say (and I’ll presume to speak for Eli here as well) that reading just one makes me want the rest even more. Sort of like the book that way.

Get here already, August.