Tuesday, July 29th, 2014

The Magicians Trilogy: The Picture

A couple of months ago I got an e-mail from an artist named Jillian Nickell. She had a proposal: she was going to create a big, beautiful, frameable print to coincide with the release of The Magician’s Land.

What did I think? Good idea?

I looked at her site. I had to agree: it was a good idea. Jillian is one of those rare people who simply knows what magic looks like, and she has the even rarer ability to draw it and show it to other people. A couple of months later we have this gorgeous print that celebrates the whole Magicians trilogy, on sale today:

she's so blue

You can buy it through Jill’s Etsy page here. It’s a limited edition, so they may not last. More on this anon.

9 comments on “The Magicians Trilogy: The Picture

1. Lloyd says:

This artwork would do nicely on the slipcover should you package all three books together.

I made it large and was scrolling down and said aloud, “Ohhhh, the foxes….”It’s beautiful. It’s cover-worthy. It captures the big things and the small. And I love how it evokes the Narnia books, which I don’t believe I’ve often seen.

3. Church says:

Glad to see the tree made it in.

4. Little My says:

Absolutely beautiful. Plus, her characters appear similar to what I imagined, which never happens. I usually hate artwork/movies/tv versions of books; they infringe on my experience with a book. This artwork just seems to crystallize things. Did I mention – absolutely beautiful, too?

5. Doris Murphy says:

She never ceases to amaze me. She is my granddaughter and she has amazing talent. It always seems to come so easy for her. She sits down with a pen or pencil or paintbrush and it seems to just flow from them. I am so very proud of her. I love her so much.

6. Little My says:

By the way – wall to wall spoilers in that NYTimes review. I was kinda sorry I’d read it.

7. Adam says:

Hey Lev , did they cast the actors that will be used in the tv show already ?

Not yet. I think they’re talking to people now.

9. […] couple of weeks ago I blogged about this beautiful Magicians print by Jillian […]